Last year’s we have seen lot of data breaches in different areas. From small to enterprise companies and known services that will use.
Personal information compromised like usernames and passwords. All these info published in dark web and anybody that wants to get it the only thing to do is to pay.
Million of passwords publish online which give us the opportunity to find out the most common passwords that used from the users.
The top 20 most common password
After our research we decide to publish the top 20 most common passwords base on the National Cyber Security Centre.
If you do a small research you can find a lot of resources that can found most common passwords. But to be honest are similar.
As you can realize after so many breaches in the last years seems lot of users continue to use passwords that are very easy to hacked.
Which Password used for attacks
Above we publish the top 20 most common passwords that we have from National Cyber Securuty Centre.
But this not the end. Hackers lot of times use specific passwords at the beginning to identify if match any of the passwords.
If you can find that match then you know what will happen.
Here you can find the top ten passwords that used in attacks on IOT(Internet of Thing Devices) base on Symantec in Threat Landscape Trends – Q2 2020
Which passwords never expired
Except from personal users, we found statistics from different security companies which give us a lot of interesting information’s.
Varonis in the 2021 DATA RISK REPORT publish that 59% of financial services companies has over than 500 passwords that never expired.
The most of these passwords maybe comes from users that works in companies and use same passwords in the work and in the personal life.
So imagine what happened if a company compromised and get all these passwords.
How to create strongest passwords
Millions of easy passwords are published in the Internet. Hackers or someone that wants to do bad things It will use txt files with thousands of passwords.
He will check if any of these passwords apply in your username or any service that wants to compromise.
Imagine if you use common passwords. He gets in without notify anything and gets all your data.
It’s not any common way to create strong passwords but you can remember a few tips that you can do your passwords strong and easy to remember.
- You can use your son name but with small changes. What does these means. You can change few letters with characters like !”@$ or numbers. So you have password that you can remember easier. Also with the same way you can use dates or places or anything that you remember but with few changes.
- Don’t use the same password for your services that you have. At least don’t use the same password in high important services. For example, don’t use the password of your ebanking in your Facebook or twitter.
How to avoid password hacked
You must remember that it’s totally different the strong password with how to protect them.
Which is the reason to have strong password if
- Your passwords are in stick front of your monitor.
- Send your passwords with emails in wrong people ( I have seen it lot of times from the users)
- Give your passwords in everyone that ask you
- Share your passwords in social media.
- Keep your passwords
You must remember that today one of your most important things in your digital world is your password.
If you want to avoid hacked your password then follow some tips
- Change your passwords often. At least for the most important accounts.
- Don’t publish your passwords in the Internet. If you must send your password then encrypted and after send it.
- Keep your passwords in encrypted files or in password managers instead of txt files or in your email.
- Keep a note where you have accounts. So to change it in case of your account compromised.
Today we use lot the Internet for almost every task. We need to be very careful and understand that you must always protect your online privacy.
Passwords included in online privacy because protect any personal information that you don’t want to share it with others.
Remember that you will loose much much more from 10 minutes that you want to create strong passwords if your confidential information compromised.